Positive thinking isn’t about eliminating anything negative from your life. Instead, choosing a positive mindset means seeing the good in the bad and thinking more productively.
No matter how difficult a challenge might seem, there is always a silver lining to be found. What’s more, if you’re looking for a solution, you certainly won’t find one with a negative attitude.
Many people believe that thinking positive is easier said than done. But the truth is, it’s just a practice, and the more we practice it, the easier it becomes. Ancient yogis and zen masters spend years mastering the art of positive thinking until optimistic thoughts become second nature.
But you don’t need to become a monk to be a positive person. There are many tools that can help you cultivate a more positive mindset, such as reading stay positive quotes.
If you don’t believe me, give it a go. Here are the best stay positive quotes and readings that will begin switching your perspective?
1. To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks. – Bill Gates
2. Jump in with both feet and be brave. – Sujit Choudhry
3. Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. – Maya Angelou
4. Today is a good day to try. – Quasimodo, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
5. Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. – Lyndon B. Johnson
6. I believe that you should gravitate to people who are doing productive and positive things with their lives. – Nadia Comaneci
7. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. – Aesop
8. Keep your face always toward the sunshine- and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
9. You can have it all. Just not all at once. – Oprah Winfrey
10. Only in the darkness can you see the stars. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
11. Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you’re positive, good things happen. – Deep Roy
12. Say something positive, and you’ll see something positive. – Jim Thompson
13. Think and wonder. Wonder and think. – Dr. Suess
14. Each day provides its own gifts. – Marcus Aurelius
15. What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
17. Even if I don’t reach all my goals, I’ve gone higher than I would have if I hadn’t set any.- Danielle Fotopoulis
18. May your troubles be less and your blessings be more. – Irish Blessing
19. When you realize how precious and fragile life is, it changes your whole perspective. – Ryan O’Donnell
20. In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. – Abraham Lincoln
21. You get in life what you have the courage to ask for. – Oprah Winfrey
22. The most wasted of days is one without laughter. – E. E. Cummings
23. When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel this positive energy. It’s very simple. – Paulo Coelho
24. Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.- Roy T. Bennett
25. Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results. – Willie Nelson
26. You do not find the happy life. You make it. – Thomas S. Monson
27. A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. – Patricia Neal
28. What we think, we become. – Buddha
29. The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. – Bertrand Russell
30. It’s a wonderful thing to be optimistic. It keeps you healthy and it keeps you resilient. – Daniel Kahneman
31. Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. – Tony Robbins
32. Be the change that you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
33. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. – Maria Robinson
34. Surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you.- Roy Bennett
35. One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. – Michelle Obama
36. Even when bad things happen you have to try to use those bad things in a positive manner and really just take the positive out of it. – Natalie du Toit
37. Delete the negative; accentuate the positive! – Donna Karan
38. Choose to be optimistic, it feels better. – Dalai Lama
39. A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. – Bruce Lee
Did you feel the shift? Do your problems still seem as bad as five minutes ago? Granted, reading stay positive quotes may not alone be enough to change your entire mindset, but they can help you begin to see things in another way.
Print this list and place it on your fridge or bathroom mirror. Then, combine these stay positive quotes with meditation and a gratitude practice. Keep it up for a week and journal about your experience. You may just find that life actually isn’t so terrible.