Has it been a stressful day?
Perhaps it was the demanding boss who was on your case, the children throwing tantrums, or the person who cut you off on the drive home. Whatever has happened to make you feel stressed out, stop for a minute and take a breather.
When we’re annoyed and overwhelmed, we feel the need to keep going and push through, believing that once we solve the cause of the stress, all will be ok. However, the truth is that the stressor is often out of our control, or if it’s not, we can only tackle it with a clear head.
So, before you do anything, take a few moments to close your eyes and breathe. Then, allow these relax quotes to help you put things into perspective and bring a sense of calm and tranquillity into your mind, body, and soul.
Relaxation is vital for bringing our nervous systems back into balance and helping us feel more centered and at ease. Relaxation techniques will help you release irritability and frustration and cultivate more peace. Here’s our selection of the best relax quotes to help you do just that.
1. Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream. – John Lennon
2. Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor. – Thich Nhat Hanh
3. The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it. – Sydney Harris
4. Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it. – Kahlil Gibran
5. Sometimes, the most productive thing that you can do is to step outside and do nothing… relax and enjoy nature. – Melanie Charlene
6. If you’ve tried everything possible to get an outcome, and it just hasn’t worked out as planned, stop trying so hard. Relax. Maybe the timing’s not right. Maybe it wasn’t in your best interests. Maybe while one door seems to be closing, another is opening. – Robin S. Sharma
7. Keep walking through the storm. Your rainbow is waiting on the other side. – Heather Stillufsen
8. There is more to life than increasing its speed. – Mohandas Gandhi
9. You need to empty your mind, and relax each other muscle group until you feel peace like you are going to melt into the floor. – Kasie West
10. It’s a good idea always to do something relaxing prior to making an important decision in your life. – Paulo Coelho
11. One of the easiest ways to reduce your stress and unwind after a difficult day, or even on a day-to-day basis, is to do something that makes you laugh. – Rebecca Turner
12. No matter how much pressure you feel at work, if you could find ways to relax for at least five minutes every hour, you’d be more productive. – Dr. Joyce Brothers
13. Act the way that you want to feel. – Gretchen Rubin
14. It’s not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it. – Hans Selye
15. Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. – William S. Burroughs
16. Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you. – John De Paola
17. Doing something positive will help turn your mood around. When you smile, your body relaxes. When you experience human touch and interaction, it eases tension in your body. – Simone Elkeles
18. Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health. – Dalai Lama
19. Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort. – Jane Austen
20. Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. – Ovid
21. Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax. – Bryant McGill
22. Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on. – Eckhart Tolle
23. Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be. – Sonia Ricotte
24. Relax and take a deep breath. No one else knows what they’re doing either. – Ricky Gervais
25. The ability to relax and be mindfully present in the moment comes naturally when we are grateful. – Louise Hay
26. It’s good to reflect on life and take a step back and sit and relax and do something else. – Floor Jansen
27. You must know ahead of time; there will be setbacks. When they come, relax! This is the key to getting back on track quickly and stay on track longer. – Tamara Tilleman
28. When someone tells me to ‘just relax,’ I wonder why they don’t hand me a book? – Richelle E. Goodrich
29. Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. – Ude Ibiam Ufiem
30. Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes…Including you. – Anne Lamott
31. Take the next 24 hours and just relax with the knowing that everything is okay. Let go of the stress and worry for one day and see what happens. – Mike Basevic
32. Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths. – Etty Hillesum
33. Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be. – Eckhart Tolle
34. I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear. – Steve Maraboli
35. Learn to relax. Your body is precious, as it houses your mind and spirit. Inner peace begins with a relaxed body. – Norman Vincent Peale
36. I’ve decided to be happy because it is good for my health. – Voltaire
37. Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming. – Robert Tew
We hope this collection of relax quotes has cleared your mind and brought you into a more pleasant state. Remember that getting stressed is totally normal and something all humans experience. In our modern society, we cannot eliminate all stress from our lives, but we can control how we react to these challenging situations.
Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing, and reading calming quotes can bring an instant calming feeling and stop us “flying off the door handle.” Keep these relax quotes saved on your laptop at work and print a copy to have around the home. This way, you have a soothing tool on hand whenever a stressor arises.