Do you struggle to feel hopeful about the times ahead? Perhaps you’ve had a challenging few months or years and are feeling down in the dumps. Or maybe you’re stuck in the past, thinking about when everything was more manageable. To move past this negative thinking, you need to change your mindset.
You should feel excitement and positivity when you think about the future, not anxiety and dread. Of course, we cannot predict the future, but we can choose to look at it through a positive lens, calling in abundance, joy, and health. The more we visualize a happy and prosperous future, the more we increase the chances of it happening.
We choose whether we focus on the bad or look for the good. Staying stuck in the past or focusing on the challenges of the present will only invite more of the same.
So use these positive future quotes to shift your thinking of the past and present to the future. Let these nuggets of wisdom remind you that all hope is never lost and that you have the power to create a positive outcome.
1. I haven’t been faithful to my own advice in the past. I will in the future. ― Billy Graham
2. One of the best things about the future is that it comes one day at a time. ― Shelley F. Knight
3. We must educate our children to enable love and compassion for all living things. By doing this we can create a peaceful future for all. ― Holly Davis
4. Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. ― J.K. Rowling
5. I never think of the future ― it comes soon enough. ― Albert Einstein
6. If you don’t think about the future, you cannot have one.—John Galsworthy
7. Personality begins where comparison leaves off. Be unique. Be memorable. Be confident. Be proud. ― Shannon L. Alder
8. When you make a choice, you change the future. ― Deepak Chopra
9. The only way you can predict the future is to build it. ―Alan Kay
10. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ― Eleanor Roosevelt
11. No amount of sophistication is going to allay the fact that all your knowledge is about the past and all your decisions are about the future. ― Ian Wilson
12. Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
― Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief
13. My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there. ― Anonymous
14. The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion. ― Albert Einstein
15. The future belongs to those who prepare for it today. ―Malcolm X
16. When someone you love says goodbye you can stare long and hard at the door they closed and forget to see all the doors God has open in front of you. ― Shannon Alder
17. There is nothing like a dream to create the future. – Victor Hugo
18. Deal with the issues of today not those that are possible in the future. ― Byron Pulsifer
19. By working with each other and discussing our visions, energy is given for all to take a part in the future outcome of these visions. ― Paul Keller
20. Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.—Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
21. You do have a future. There is light at the end of that inky black tunnel. ― Willow Cross
22. Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
― Corrie ten Boom
23. Even if you fall on your face you’re still moving forward. – Victor Kiam
24. The best way to predict your future is to create it. ― Abraham Lincoln
25. A speculator is a man who observes the future, and acts before it occurs. – Bernard Baruch
26. Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay. ― Simone de Beauvoir
27. Starting today, you have the opportunity to build on your good works and your hopes for the future through creating a plan that will benefit the causes most important to you. ― Kathy LeMay
28. The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.—Leonard I. Sweet
29. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin. ― Mother Theresa
30. The future depends on what you do today. ― Mahatma Gandhi
31. I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. ― Albert Einstein
32. Simply put, coaching bridges the gap between where someone is now and where they want to be in the future. ― Christie Ruffino
33. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. – John F. Kennedy
34. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. – Abraham Lincoln
35. The past is a source of knowledge, and the future is a source of hope. Love of the past implies faith in the future. – Stephen Ambrose
36. The wise man must remember that while he is a descendant of the past, he is a parent of the future. ― Herbert Spencer
37. It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream.
― Edgar Allan Poe
38. Study the past if you would define the future. ― Confucius
39. Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. ― Søren Kierkegaard
40. There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in. ― Graham Greene
41. Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future. ― Ray Bradbury
42. He who has courage despises the future. ― Napoleon Bonaparte
43. Always remember that the future comes one day at a time. ― Dean Acheson
44. Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today. ― Malcolm X
45. The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on. – Barack Obama
46. People don’t realize that now is all there ever is; there is no past or future except as memory or anticipation in your mind. ― Eckhart Tolle
47. The past is a ghost, the future a dream and all we ever have is now. ― Bill Cosby
48. The only thing we know about the future is that it will be different. – Peter Drucker
49. Have a vision for yourself. You need to have foresight into your future ― your goals, your dreams, what you want to achieve for yourself. ― Matthew Lewis Browne
50. Most times, we are afraid of things that may never happen. Often we project into the future. ― Clodagh Swanson
51. If there is hope in the future, there is literally power in the present. ― Zig Ziglar
52. Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. ―Wayne Dyer
53. The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better. ― Paulo Coelho
54. No matter how dirty your past is, your future is still spotless. – Drake
55. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine. ― Nikola Tesla
No matter how things are going right now, know that brighter times are on the horizon. Read these positive future quotes as many times as you need until you feel hope rising within you. Pick your favorites and read them every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to bed.
Combine these future quotes with positive visualization techniques and affirmations to build a better image of the times ahead. See yourself in excellent health, feeling happy and at peace, and achieving your goals and dreams.